Um, yeah. Didn't happen. I could blame it on all sorts of convenient items - the chaplain internship, the stirrings of grad school senioritis, much busy-ness on the work front, rediscovering long-lost friends via facebook, a building project at home - but, really, intertia is more like it. In my snippets of free time, curling up with a cat and a cup of tea was much more appealing. For heaven's sake, I hardly even cooked in '08. That being a travesty - all those lonely cooking vessels. The fresh herbs in the garden. The unused garlic!
I rang out the old year by making homemade lasagna, and thick, dense brownies studded with chocolate chips, and plenty of chamomile tea. So here I am, first day of the new year, sated with all manner of things yummy, contemplating my goals. Because that seems the Thing to Do. And thus we have A List. Which may not be accomplished, but it certainly feels good to set the goals.
- fresh fruit & veggies every day
- figure out a reasonable exercise schedule and stick to it 75% of the time
- finish the construction project, already! (before gardening season arrives)
- blog at least once a week and journal at least 3x/week
- find my desk at least once each month and revel in the accomplishment
Not only is another world possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.
- Arundhati Roy